Sunday, October 5, 2008

Movie Review: Religulous

We saw Religulous tonight...I thought it was damn good!

Of course, Maher was preaching to the choir. We had to drive over an hour to Gainesville to see it so we decided to make a day of it and check out the Florida Museum of Natural History. Nothing like checking out fossils and proof of evolution before you see a movie that pokes fun at the world's religions!

It was pretty funny for the first 2/3's of the movie, then it got very serious toward the end when discussing the threats of fundamentalist Islam and Christianity.

I doubt any fundamentalist will even want to see the movie. Or if they do I'm sure they will be offended. But I imagine religious moderates might be shaken just a bit.

I look forward to a DVD with some extra long interviews and maybe some outtakes.

3 comments:

Mike aka MonolithTMA said...

My Dad and I saw it yesterday and also enjoyed it. My Dad isn't an atheist, but he thinks that religion should be a personal thing and should not be pushed on anybody. I, as an atheist, agree with him.

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to see it. I'm glad somewhere in the southeast is showing it, but I'm afraid Gainesville is a little further than I was planning to drive. I was hoping more for Montgomery or possibly Birmingham.

Son of Man said...
This comment has been removed by the author.