Saturday, December 6, 2008

All Quiet On The Agnostic Front

I've been wondering a lot lately if blogging is a form of therapy or if the amount that I blog just reflects how calm I am inside?

It's not that I don't have much to say, I just don't feel the urge to say it as much anymore. I certainly don't ever see myself posting as much as someone like PZ Myers, but then, my life doesn't revolve around the day to day issues of science and religion. I'm a computer programmer.

A lot has happened since I started this. I found a better job and left the company I had been at since I graduated from college 14 years ago. I weened myself off of Effexor which I had been on for the last 4 years (well, I just did that over the last few weeks and I'm still feeling some effects of it leaving my system).

Unless I'm in traffic I tend to be very calm now. That wasn't the case 4 years ago. I would have gotten off of Effexor last year but there was always something going on that made me think "now is a bad time." But after moving to my new job in October I figured "no better time than the present."

I do have challenges that I will have to face in the next year. My son, having lived in two different houses every other week since for the last 7 or 8 years is having some trouble adapting to the changes around him. I remarried over 2 years ago and his mom moved in with someone back in March. His life has changed more over the last year than I had imagined. When he was younger he would bounce back from environmental changes much sooner. I would notice a few weeks of crankiness or bad behavior then things would calm down. But not that he's going on 10 years old I see that the response time is slower. He is really starting to think deeply about his parents, his life, etc. It seems like he can't figure out where he stands, where his place is in our lives. So, the next year will be interesting. I'm sure this is an important time for him developmentally...the pre-pre-teens?

If I don't post again in time for Christmas then I wish you all a good one. Even if you don't believe in God, Christmas is still fun...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Same situation here. This year has left me breathless and now I am just coasting through the end of it.

Next year we will take up our blogging responsibility again and debate each other until I win ;-)

Merry Christmas.