Sunday, July 20, 2008

Here Be Dragons!

Here Be Dragons
Brian Dunning, who puts out a great podcast called Skeptoid, is now offering a short introduction to skeptical thinking called Here Be Dragons.

It is available on Google Video and various download formats (including DVD ISO). The distribution license is fairly open and allows for use in the classroom. While watching it my wife and I thought it would make for a good basis either as a dedicated critical thought class or at least as part of a science class.

He steers clear of religion in the video, though a few of his podcast episodes have touched on subjects like young earth creationism. This video deals mainly with how to spot pseudo-science or false advertising when you see it in advertisements. (The podcast episode talking about Kinoke Foot Pads is a good example.)

I suggest you check it out for yourself...let me know what you think!

3 comments:

Mike aka MonolithTMA said...

Awesome video! Thanks for sharing! I'm currently downloading all versions to share with people. Nice blog too!

Doubting Foo said...

Thanks for the comment!

I should force all of my family to watch it!

Ranting Student said...

Hey Doubting Foo!

I sincerely want to thank you for this. I'm downloading it for iPod as I write this.

Take Care.